Important information and who we are
At BetaScore Finance Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and Personal Data in compliance with the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the Data Protection Act 2018 and all other mandatory laws and regulations of the United Kingdom.
The individuals from which we may gather and use data can include:
Third parties connected to your customers
Credit Reference Agencies
and any other people that the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
Your Data Controller
BetaScore Finance Ltd is your Data Controller and responsible for your Personal Data. We are not obliged by the GDPR to appoint a data protection officer and have not voluntarily appointed one at this time. Therefore, any inquiries about your data should either be sent to us by email to Seun@betascore.io or by post to 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Processing data on behalf of a Controller and processors’ responsibility to you
In discharging our responsibilities as a Data Controller we have employees who will deal with your data on our behalf (known as “Processors”). The responsibilities below may be assigned to an individual or may be taken to apply to the organisation as a whole. The Data Controller and our Processors have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all processing of Personal Data is governed by one of the legal bases laid out in the GDPR (see 2.2 below for more information);
- Ensure that Processors authorised to process Personal Data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
- Implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data;
- Obtain the prior specific or general authorisation of the Controller before engaging another Processor;
- Assist the Controller in the fulfilment of the Controller's obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject's rights;
- Make available to the Controller all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations laid down in the GDPR and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by the Controller or another auditor mandated by the Controller;
- Maintain a record of all categories of processing activities carried out on behalf of a Controller;Cooperate, on request, with the supervisory authority in the performance of its tasks;
- Ensure that any person acting under the authority of the Processor who has access to Personal Data does not process Personal Data except on instructions from the Controller; and
- Notify the Controller without undue delay after becoming aware of a Personal Data Breach.
LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA COLLECTION
“Personal Data” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together below. Not all of the following types of data will necessarily be collected from you but this is the full scope of data that we collect and when we collect it from you:
- Profile/Identity Data: This is data relating to your first name, last name, gender, date of birth.
- Contact Data: This is data relating to your phone number, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
- Marketing and Communications Data: This is your preferences in receiving marketing information and other information from us.
- Billing Data: This is information relating to your debit and credit card information such as the name attached to your payment details and your billing address.
- Financial Data: These are your banking details e.g. your account number and sort code.
- Transactional Data: This is information of details and records of all payments you have made for our services or products.
- Special Categories: This is data relating to your Claims History, Criminal Convictions and CCJs
- Credit Reference Agencies: This is data relating to your credit score and credit report, we collect once you register for our service
We may also aggregate data to enable research or analysis so that we can better understand and serve you and others. For example, we may conduct research on your demographics and usage. Although this aggregated data may be based in part on Personal Data, it does not identify you personally. We may share this type of anonymous data with others, including service providers, our affiliates, agents and current and prospective business partners.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
What is our lawful basis for using your Personal Data
There are a number of justifiable reasons under the GDPR that allow collection and processing of Personal Data. The main avenues we rely on are:
- “Consent”: We will consistently request your consent to process specific types of information in cases where it is legally necessary. You retain the right to withdraw or refuse your consent at any point in time.
- “Contractual Obligations”: In order to fulfil the services outlined in our contract with you, we require you to provide us with the necessary information. Additionally, we may collect information about you from Credit Reference Agencies or other third parties. It is essential for us to gather this information, as we need specific details to access your credit report and score, present appropriate financial offers, and provide our various services, including Betacredit. Without this information, we will be unable to offer our services to you as agreed upon in the contract.
- “Legal Compliance”: We’re required by law to collect and process certain types of data, such as fraudulent activity or other illegal actions.
- “Legitimate Interest”: “Legitimate Interest”: We may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of our product providers or other suppliers, provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For instance, we may process your personal data to:
- Show personalized product offers to you.
- Comply with applicable laws that concern us.
- Provide you with our services, including quality control and analysis.
- Safeguard you and us from fraud or other potential risks.
- Conduct analysis, segmentation, and profiling of your data to deliver direct
- marketing communications.
- Enhance our services and manage our customer relationships.
If we rely on legitimate interests for processing your data, you have the right to object to it at any time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data we have about you is utilised to deliver our services, enhance their quality, manage your account, and establish communication with you. Additionally, we may use anonymised information for research, profiling, and analytical purposes. The data you provide to us or that we collect from Credit Reference Agencies (e.g., Equifax and First Central Registry) or other third parties on your behalf is used for the following purposes as part of our services:
- Administer your account and manage your relationship with us, including communication through various means such as telephone, mail, email, text (SMS) message, push notification, or other electronic methods.
- Verify your identity as part of our identity authentication process.
- Provide you with information, products, and services.
- If you have consented to receive marketing materials, we will use the information to provide you with details about other products and services that we believe may interest you or suit your needs.
- Notify you about any changes to our services.
- Ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Aggregate the information on an anonymous basis with other data for data analytics and reporting purposes.
- Conduct analysis and profiling of your credit information to identify and inform you about credit products that we believe would be of interest to you or suitable for your credit circumstances, or to improve our services.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW YOU ARE PROTECTED BY US
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. Note that this is not an absolute right and it only applies in certain circumstances: If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy. Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.Right to Withdraw Consent: If you have previously provided consent for us to use your information, you retain the right to withdraw that consent at any point. To initiate the withdrawal of your consent, please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer.
- Right to be informed: You have a right to be informed about our purposes for processing your personal data, how long we store it for, and who it will be shared with. We have provided this information to you in this policy.
- Right of access: This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it (also known as a “data subject access request”). See section 4.5 below for more details on how you can make a data subject access request.
- Right to rectification: You have a right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it, where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of personal data we hold about you. This effectively allows you to stop or prevent us from processing your personal data. Note that this is not an absolute right and it only applies in certain circumstances, for example:
- Where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- In some cases, we may continue processing your data if we can demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. Note that this is not an absolute right and it only applies in certain circumstances:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
If you wish to make a request under any of these rights, please contact us at Seun@betascore.io.
Your control over BetaScore Finance Ltd’s use of your Personal Data
You may delete your account at any time – this will remove your account page from our systems and our related software. We guarantee this will delete all stored data. You can access information associated with your account by logging into your account you created with us. Your account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorised access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to Seun@betascore.io.
How BetaScore Finance Ltd protects customers’ Personal Data
We are concerned with keeping your data secure and protecting it from inappropriate disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data on our systems, including We implement certain security measures to ensure the security of your Personal data on our systems, including adopting a secure protocol and encrypting our databases.
Any Personal Data collected by us is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and are bound by obligations of confidentiality. If and when we use subcontractors to store your data, we will not relinquish control of your Personal Data or expose it to security risks that would not have arisen had the data remained in our possession.
However, unfortunately no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of BetaScore Finance Ltd to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us.
Opting out of marketing promotions
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by using the unsubscribe or manage preference link.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, we will continue to retain other Personal Data provided to us as a result of interactions with us not related to your marketing preferences.
How to request your data and the process for obtaining it
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, if your request is clearly unfounded, we could refuse to comply with your request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure you have the right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
YOUR DATA AND THIRD PARTIES
Sharing your data with third parties
We may share non-Personal Data with third parties. We may share your Personal Data with subcontractors or affiliates, subject to confidentiality obligations to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them and pursuant to our instructions.
We may also share Personal Data with interested parties in the event that BetaScore Finance Ltd anticipates a change in control or the acquisition of all or part of our business or assets or with interested parties in connection with the licensing of our technology.
Group Company: We might disclose your personal information to any entity within our group, including our subsidiaries, our parent company, and its subsidiaries.
Sharing with Selected Third Parties: We may also disclose your information to specific third parties, including:
Credit Reference Agencies: This is to obtain your credit score and credit report on your behalf and to provide our services to you. (Please refer to the section on “Credit Reference Agencies” for more information).
Fraud Prevention Agencies: This is to prevent crime and track down those responsible. (Please see the section on “Fraud Prevention Agencies” for more details).
Product Providers: This includes our business partners who offer credit cards, loans, car finance, mortgages, insurance, pensions, investments, and other related products. The purposes for sharing with product providers are as follows:
- Assess if you are an existing customer and for fraud prevention purposes.
- Conduct analysis to offer you improved products and services in the future, and for segmentation purposes.
- Pre-fill an application form with the product provider.
- Evaluate your probability of being accepted for a product.
Credit Reference Agencies: If you register for our services, we will, as per our Terms, obtain copies of your credit report and credit score from designated Credit Reference Agencies like Equifax and First Central Registry on your behalf. This enables us to offer our services to you effectively. We will share your information with these Credit Reference Agencies for this purpose.
The information we provide to the Credit Reference Agencies may be shared by them with other organizations, such as Fraud Prevention Agencies, to verify identity, prevent fraud, trace and collect debts. The Credit Reference Agencies may also use the data for statistical analysis.
Should you decide to apply for a product, the lender will conduct a full credit check and provide you with additional privacy information for that specific product. If you’d like to understand how the credit reference agencies use and share personal data (including the legitimate interests they pursue) please read the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN);
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period than usual in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
AGE LIMIT FOR OUR USERS
You must not use BetaScore Finance Ltd unless you are aged 18 or older. If you are under 18 and you access BetaScore Finance Ltd by lying about your age, you must immediately stop using BetaScore Finance Ltd.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information may be stored and processed in the US or other countries or jurisdictions outside the US where BetaScore Finance Ltd has facilities. By using BetaScore Finance Ltd, you are permitting and consenting to the transfer of information, including Personal Data, outside of the US.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES AND ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY
All uses of the word “including” mean “including but not limited to” and the enumerated examples are not intended to in any way limit the term which they serve to illustrate. Any email addresses set out in this policy may be used solely for the purpose for which they are stated to be provided, and any unrelated correspondence will be ignored. Unless otherwise required by law, we reserve the right to not respond to emails, even if they relate to a legitimate subject matter for which we have provided an email address. You are more likely to get a reply if your request or question is polite, reasonable and there is no relatively obvious other way to deal with or answer your concern or question (e.g. FAQs, other areas of our website, etc.).
Our staff are not authorised to contract on behalf of BetaScore Finance Ltd, waive rights or make representations (whether contractual or otherwise). If anything contained in an email from a BetaScore Finance Ltd address contradicts anything in this policy, our terms or any official public announcement on our website, or is inconsistent with or amounts to a waiver of any BetaScore Finance Ltd rights, the email content will be read down to grant precedence to the latter. The only exception to this is genuine correspondence expressed to be from the BetaScore Finance Ltd legal department.